I was invited by sergii on mariadb.com kb to submit the following bug (steps to reproduce are at bottom):
The fulltext search query below fails in mariadb, but succeeds in mysql (mariadb database imported from mysql database using phpmyadmin).
If a base table is substituted, the query succeeds in both mariadb and mysql. So apparently mariadb cannot match against views.
Is there a solution to this? It's messing up my migration. Using 10.0.21.
SELECT Title FROM Nodes_View WHERE (MATCH(Title,Caption,Description,Location,Body) AGAINST ('something'))
1. Create test database with attached sql script in both mariadb and mysql.
2. in mariadb run the folliowing query:
SELECT `Title` FROM `Nodes_View` WHERE (MATCH(`Title`,`Caption`,`Description`,`Location`,`Body`) AGAINST('something'))
note that this is run against a view
3. observe that this generates the following error
#1210 - Incorrect arguments to AGAINST
4. run the same query in mysql
5. observe that there is no error
6. run the following query in the mariadb database:
SELECT `Title` FROM `Articles` WHERE (MATCH(`Title`,`Caption`,`Description`,`Location`,`Body`) AGAINST('something'))
note that this is run against a base table
7. observe that the query succeeds
8. run the same query in mysql
9. observe that the query succeeds
Therefore, it appears that fulltext search fails in mariadb against a view
ubuntu 14.04 lts (digital ocean)
compared sql version 5.1.73-cll (which is why I'm migrating)