Fix Version/s: 10.0.1
Per-thread memory usage statistics
Base code and idea from comes from
User visiable changes:
- information_schema.processlist has a new columns: MEMORY_USAGE
- SHOW STATUS has a new variable: Memory_used.
The idea is that we mark all memory that are thread specific with MY_THREAD_SPECIFIC.
Memory counting is done per thread in the my_malloc_size_cb_func callback function from my_malloc().
The following changes in interfaces was needed to get this to work:
- init_alloc_root() amd init_sql_alloc() has extra option so that one can mark memory with MY_THREAD_SPECIFIC
- One now have to use alloc_root_set_min_malloc() to set min memory to be allocated by alloc_root()
- my_init_dynamic_array() has extra option so that one can mark memory with MY_THREAD_SPECIFIC
- my_net_init() has extra option so that one can mark memory with MY_THREAD_SPECIFIC
- Added flag for hash_init() so that one can mark hash table to be thread specific.
- Added flags to init_tree() so that one can mark tree to be thread specific.
- Added flag to Warning_info::Warning_info() if the structure should be fully initialized.
- String elements can now be marked as thread specific.
- Internal HEAP tables are now marking it's memory as MY_THREAD_SPECIFIC.